Interested in Apprenticeship?
Here at BCI we offer an in-house, certified apprenticeship program which allows our employees to earn while they learn! This is a comprehensive, 4-year program taught by certified, industry professionals. Our program utilizes NCCER standardized curriculum, and all credentials are maintained in a secure, online database. When apprentices graduate from our program they receive credentials that are not only recognized within the industry but also nationwide.
What is NCCER?
NCCER is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) education foundation created as the National Center for Construction Education and Research. Created in 1996, NCCER was formed as an effort to revolutionize training for the construction industry, and now provides curriculum for more than 70 different crafts. NCCER has recognized the shortage of skilled laborers in the industry, and has made it their goal to develop a safe and productive workforce. On their website, NCCER provides a variety of resources for trainees, instructors, and others seeking general information about the industry. (www.nccer.org)
What documentation is needed to become an apprentice?
- 18 years of age
- A copy of your High School Diploma or GED
- Official Sealed transcripts (Must have 1 yr. of algebra or equivalent
- A copy of your valid Driver's license
- Veterans Discharge (DD-214) if applicable)
What are the advantages?
- Qualifies you for a higher level of pay
- Exposes you to the latest technology and building codes
- Offers you life-long mobility through a nationally recognized certification program of your skills
- Employs nationally certified instructors with standardized curriculum including current textbooks and videos
- Receive College Credit for your training
Have more questions?
Manager of Training
Other Helpful Links: